CRYOTHERAPY | MUSCLE RECOVERY | CRYOTHERAPY CHAMBER
If you're looking for a way to improve your overall health, cryotherapy treatments may be the answer. Cryotherapy is a treatment that uses cold temperatures to improve your health and well-being. It has the potential to provide a number of benefits, including improved mood, weight loss, reduced inflammation, and so much more! Medical Sports Massage is your source for advanced, effective cryotherapy treatments in Atlanta. Read on to learn more about cryotherapy treatments, and schedule a consultation today!
WHAT IS CRYOTHERAPY?
Cryotherapy is the treatment of pain using a freezing method to deaden irritated nerves and release inflammation from the muscle. During whole-body cryotherapy you are placed in a standing chamber while the temperature drops significantly to promote healing of the body. This provides a quicker and more effective alternative to the traditional ice bath.
At Medical & Sports Massage, our cryotherapy treatments are administered by a certified technician in a state-of-the-art cryotherapy chamber. The chamber is designed to provide the optimal environment for cryotherapy treatments, and our technicians are trained to ensure your safety and comfort throughout the treatment.
Cryotherapy Athletic Recovery Benefits
- Decreased muscle soreness
- Accelerated muscle repair
- Increased blood circulation
- Boosted energy & immune system
- Speeds healing of post-injury & post-surgery
Cryotherapy Pain Management benefits
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Assists in quicker surgical recovery
- Aids in treatment of arthritis and other joint diseases
- Helps provide relief from nerve pain
Cryotherapy Health & Wellness Benefits
- Better sleep
- Decreased fatigue
- Healthier skin
- Natural detox
- Thicker/stronger hair
What is Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy generally refers to the localized application of cold therapy to a specific area of the body, typically through the use of ice packs or cold compresses.
Whole body cryotherapy (WBCT) is a relatively new procedure that uses an enclosed chamber to expose the body to subzero temperatures for a limited period of time (usually two to four minutes). WBCT is intended to reduce inflammation, improve blood circulation, burn calories, and reduce stress. Unlike localized cryotherapy, WBCT is used to treat the entire body at once.
What are the benefits of Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy has many benefits. It is a great choice for athletes and those looking for therapeutic pain relief. It reduces inflammation, which can lead to improved athletic performance and recovery. It can also boost energy and relieve stress, leading to improved sleep and enhanced overall wellbeing.
Just a few of the many benefits of cryotherapy include:
- An increased flow of oxygen and nutrient rich blood throughout the body.
- Extreme relaxation felt by people after undergoing the treatment.
- After the treatment your capillaries deliver oxygen-rich and nutrient dense blood throughout your body.
- Pain relief, muscle rehabilitation, and tissue healing are some of the major benefits of applying cold temperatures to one's body. The cold itself can numb an irritated nerve causing pain reduction.
- Reduced inflammation – Research suggests that cryotherapy may reduce inflammation. Inflammation can lead to a plethora of health issues, such as joint pain, diabetes, and more.
- Reduced dementia and possible prevention of Alzheimer’s. A paper issued in 2012 hypothesizes that whole-body cryotherapy (WBCT) proposed a remarkable concept: Whole-body Cryotherapy (WBCT) as a preventative therapy to potentially mitigate the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease.
- Reduced pain in rheumatoid arthritis – A small study revealed that patients suffering from severe rheumatoid arthritis reported decreased pain after receiving WBCT treatments.
- Does Cryotherapy help with weight loss?
- When exposed to cold, the body will use fat to produce energy to maintain its temperature and survive. This is the core principle that sustains using extreme cold to reach the set weight loss goals. Losing weight and staying fit is a long journey. Cryotherapy may be seen as an attractive shortcut, but the real long-term benefits will only come from adopting a true weight loss management program.
- Who should get Cryotherapy?
- Doctors have long recommended using ice packs on injured and painful muscles. Cryotherapy can be beneficial for a wide range of physical and mental health conditions and is generally safe for most people. Cryotherapy may be helpful for overall wellbeing and performance in athletes, helping to reduce fatigue, speed up muscle and joint recovery, and reduce delayed onset muscle soreness. Other people who may benefit from cryotherapy include those with arthritis, chronic pain and inflammation, muscle and joint injuries, and insomnia. For those considering cryotherapy, it is important to consult a medical professional to determine if it is.
- Who should not get Cryotherapy?
- The most common side effects of any type of cryotherapy are numbness, tingling, redness, and irritation of the skin. These side effects are almost always temporary. Make an appointment with your doctor if they don’t resolve it within 24 hours.
- Single Session – $75
- Jump Start (2 Sessions) – $110 (1st Time Patients Only)
- 4 Sessions – $180
- 8 Sessions – $240
Schedule a Cryotherapy Session in Atlanta
If you're looking for a way to improve your overall health and well-being, it's time to discover the amazing benefits of professional cryotherapy! Contact Medical & Sports Massage today to schedule a consultation in Atlanta.